Monday, May 28, 2007

Life or something like it...

Hmmm, when was the last time I wrote? I can't imagine that anything drastic has occurred since then. Let's just go over the hi-lites, shall we?

Ok, potlucks have been non-existent due to midterms and missing persons. B-break was incredible last week with a middle-school dance theme and muddy buddies/rice krispy treats to hold the crowd. Unfortunately, halfway through, our toilet started leaking out the bottom and we were without it for a day. How do people without dorm-like neighbors handle this? Anyways, things are just peachy-keen again!

Friday, I disected a mussel, decided that I can't understand the appeal of eating these slimy critters, and vowed I would never eat one again (not that I was going to...). That afternoon, I mailed out my visa applicatio (Madagascar, here I come). My Les Miserables cohorts and I went to an exciting production of Pirates of Penzance, learned what makes up a Model of a Modern Major General, and decided we should not attempt to drive in the dark any longer. Unfortunately, 10:30pm that night I started packing for the weekend. But, I got distracted by Orange County and more importantly, the draw results. I'm in EAST house (no Kairos, tear), don't know anyone, but hopefully I will get a single and can EA in Cbae (oh yeah, I'm a poet)! 1:30am and finally I'm in bed.

Why was I packing? Well, my cousin got married today! I left my apartment at 5:00am Saturday morning (j'aim ma camarage de chambre!) and got into Denver that morning. My dad and I trecked out to Boulder for the day, picked out an awesome internal frame pack (which I found cheaper online), and went to VG Burgers, with which I am enamored! Sunday was a lazy day during which I did none of the work I had planned on doing, but ate plenty of junk (mmm...lemon bars). And, the wedding today was very nice.

Let me fill you in a little about Friedman weddings. My eldest uncle has four kids, three of which have married since October 2005. At these functions, I meet the hordes of relatives, close and distant, that I have only heard of by name or never even knew existed in the first place. I got the "what do you want to do with your life" question a bazillion times. And, my grandpa of course "introduced" me to a nice Jewish boy who lives in San Fran. But, most of these relatives are orthodox and/or East Coasters who live a lifestyle I can hardly begin to understand.

Now I'm back having frittered away another weekend. I have no paper written, no advisor meeting arranged, and I can't even pay my for my plane ticket until they send me the damn paperwork! (breath, Rachel, breath. You have all of tomorrow - it's only due tomorrow or you lose your ticket...)

Sorry for babbling, it's been an interesting week and a not-so-interesting week before (did I even mention it? what did I do...)

-Au Revoir