Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Has it really been 9 days?!?!?!

Cutting them amazing Better than Beach Cake!
Beautiful Bodega Bay...but not quite up to Monterey's standards.

Um, sorry for not keeping up my posting...it's not as though nothing exciting has happened in the last week, I just have been waiting for some pictures. Anyways, where I left off...

I'll skip Sunday (4/22), because I can't remember what happened, so it probably wasn't too interesting. Monday was probably more of the same. Tuesday was only exciting because I went to the farmer's market and got a Naan Burrito. It was a delicious piece of naan wrapped around mixed veggie curry. That was it for Tuesday.


Wednesday, nope, nothing exciting, except it was ANZAC day...if you don't know what it is, look it up. Oh, we did have our first B-Break, for which I made flourless peanut butter cookies. Sooo good: 1 cup PB, 1 cup sugar (brown and/or white), 1 egg, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp vanilla (opt). 350 for 10 minutes or until a tiny bit browner. Let sit for 2 - 5 minutes until set.


Thursday, um, potluck. Beach theme and Better than Beach (AKA Better than Sex) cake. If you want that recipe, let me know!

Ok, we are getting to the meat of the week. Friday I make it back to campus, meet with my advisor and talk Lemurs (well, actually epiphytes), find out I'm a student advisor for Earth Systems next year, and have Shabbat at Rabbi Mychal's (homemade challah, OMG!). Saturday, I see people, eat in the dining hall again, and stay up late talking on the floor of my friend's amazing Kairos single (that will be me next year - cross my fingers). Sunday was bagel brunch, dish walk, finish Cannery Row, and watch too much Sex and the City. Good Times. Monday: Bodega Bay, mussels, chat with UCDavis researchers, drive a really long time.

Tuesday, we've come past full circle. My whelks (sea snails) are finally eating my mussels. I've got my experiments lined up and ready to go, and I spent way too much at the farmer's market. I also ate half a monstrous brownie carmel apple. "Death By Chocolate ~ What a way to go! Caramel, walnut brownies, chocolate chips drenched in your choice of semi-sweet or milk chocolate." It was on sale, what can I say! Well, I ought to go do some work, but it's basically my bedtime, so I ought to go to sleep instead. Enjoy my update and hope that I don't wait this long again!

-Ciao!

No comments: