Saturday, April 21, 2007

Predation and Power Rangers

A momma harbor seal and her newborn pup...I kind of scared them away...
Post-Potluck Euphoria

I guess I've had a pretty exciting last three days. Thursday was chill. I had stats and then started my predation experiment. I would put a picture up, but it's really not that exciting seeing four whelks (a type of sea snail) and mussels in a tupperware container. Once all that was done, Laura and I sat in on our professor's lab meeting. It was a little over my head and made me realize that I could not devote 3, 4, or more years of my life to trying to get a PhD working in a lab!!! Anyways, went back for lunch and then out to TJs! That was exciting, but I convinced myself that I was fine with just chocolate chip meringues and not mini cookies and now, two days later, I am sad and regretting that decision. But, I will be strong and hang in there until I next need to go to TJs.
The main reason for going to Trader Joe's, however, was to buy cornbread mix for the POTLUCK!!! It was Power Ranger themed and our house was yellow! As you can imaging, it was pretty crazy stuff. Ok, so I didn't like most of the food, but the blue french fried potatoes were delicious and the hot-pink frosted cupcakes were really cute. We played a rousing game of mafiah afterwards; I was god, of course. Then, back in Belden B, we watched the 3rd Harry Potter. One more to go!!!
Friday, hmmm. I check on my mussels and everyone's still alive. I got stats help. I went to Polar Biology and had a lovely time learning about Adelie Penguins (only enhanced by the pre-seminar coffee and cookies [and brownies!]). Unfortunately, I can never work with penguins because I will freeze to death, end of story. The afternoon was uneventfull...I think I read (Monkeyluv is really good). Then, a bunch of us watched Sliding Doors and ate cookies. Nice day.
Today, I got a library card and subsequently a French movie, Cannery Row, a book on environmental careers, and two vegetarian cookbooks. There is also a festival going on in Pacific Grove (PG), but it was not terribly interesting. I finished up my grocery shopping (seriously low on ice cream...) and then wrote an essay. Yay for being productive. Oh, yeah, I turned in my Honors Thesis application yesterday as well. Finally!
I should probably let you go, since I have blabbed on for a good while.
-Signing off!

No comments: