Saturday, May 19, 2007

Surprises and Sailing

TThe happy crew...but where is Rachel? See the pair of legs and bit of green shirt in the back? That's how I was for 99% of the trip! :(

Since nothing ever seems to happen in Monterey, of course I have an exciting weekend back on campus. Yesterday, I skipped out of my class early and went back to campus. I went to my advisor's surprise birthday! It was so much fun to see everyone and hang out with Earth Systems kids and faculty. AND I got to tell everyone that I now have enough funding to go to Madagascar and try out the unknown. Oh my goodness.

Then, I had a lovely Hillel evening, made cupcakes with Kaitlin and Amanda for Kairos' special dinner (pink and orange frosting, woohoo), and watched a couple of episodes of Sex and the City.
Ok, fastforward six hours later to when I woke up this morning. I went sailing with a few friends in Santa Cruz. Bad Idea. I should have roamed the boardwalk instead. About halfway into lunch (luckily only a piece of challah and strawberries at that point), I began to feel very sick. Loss of lunch and 4 hours of sleeping on the top deck later, we arrive back to land. Phew, I'm still feeling a little woozy, but much better.

Going to take it easy now...

No comments: