Thursday, June 21, 2007

Moving on to Bigger (not necessarily better) Things...


Jellies at the Aquarium!
View from Point Lobos

My Summer Travels



I realized that I never concluded my seaside adventure. Here is my departing entry, summing up my last few days in Monterey and hinting at future things to come. I worked hard to finish everything up by Friday the 8th, technically the first day of finals, so that I could play! This made the weekend a lot more exciting.

On Friday evening, most of the Belden complex went out to dinner at Tillie Gort's. It was nice having everyone together. The next day I had a lovely time lunching with a family friend and exploring Point Lobos and cozy little Carmel. I must get out there again, some time! And then, of course, I had to hold a B-Break for the poor toiling Bio Core kids! Sunday was rather boring...I'm not sure what I did besides pack.

Monday, Laura and I went to the Aquarium!!! So much fun. Oh, and that night I baked again and packed! Tuesday afternoon, we went back to campus after a fiasco of a laundry morning! Anyways, after a couple of days on campus, talking to my advisor, going to the Earth Systems GPP (graduating persons party), I came home.

Now, I'm off on another adventure (boy I'm getting tired). I am leaving on Sunday for Madagascar, where I will be conducting botanical surveys on epiphytes. This is to compare the availability of a staple fall-back food item for the sifaka in pristine versus disturbed habitat. We'll see how that goes. So far, I'm just worried about packing everything and carrying around a few thousand dollars in cash! Yikes! I will finish that little expedition with a few days in Paris (an extended layover). I will not have access to internet, and so you will not be getting the exciting updates as you have for the past year. But, I promise an excellent 7 week summary!


-Hasta Lavista, Baby!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Sounds like an amazing summer. I'm excited to hear about your adventures.

--Julie

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.